Chaos (is not God's will)

 

(Source: AFP Photos)



today I find myself thinking about child soldiers,
about out-of-school children,
about Ukraine,
about families that got broken not because there was no love in the home,
but because someone chose their country as the venue for their war.

why should two elephants choose an anthill as their battleground,
do you not consider the generations you will wipe out?

I am thinking about the pieces of joy that are strewn over broken cities,
a family displaced across Europe, reunited in Canada, learning to find hope and rebuild their lives

I am thinking about the dead people that do not get a befitting burial,
about the people whose bones, flesh, blood, and intestines are scattered abroad,

I am thinking about the fractures in our society.

I am thinking about opportunities,
the ones I get as a Tek guy, as a Pluralsight student, 
and the people who don't have these opportunities, people who just want to escape certain death.

I am thinking, and I am still thinking,
how do we solve the problem of chaos?

--how difficult is it, for us to love one another, and let peace reign?

I am still thinking.


Comments